As an Athletic Director, when planning an out of state trip for your team, there are several things to consider to ensure the trip is successful and safe for all involved. Here are 10 things to consider:
- Purpose and goals of the trip: What is the main objective of the trip? Is it for competition, bonding, or training? Having clear goals will help you make the necessary arrangements.
- Budget: Determine a budget for the trip and consider all costs, including transportation, lodging, food, and any other expenses.
- Travel logistics: Determine the mode of transportation and plan the route. Book flights or buses and make arrangements for transportation to and from the airport or bus station.
- Accommodations: Research and book hotels or other types of accommodations that are suitable for your team, including any special needs or requests.
- Meals: Plan for meals during the trip, including any special dietary requirements.
- Competition or event schedule: Make sure you have the competition or event schedule in advance so you can plan your team’s schedule accordingly.
- Medical and emergency plans: Have a plan in place for medical emergencies and make sure everyone on the trip knows what to do in case of an emergency.
- Safety and security: Consider the safety and security of your team while on the trip. Research the area and take necessary precautions to ensure their safety.
- Cultural awareness: Research the area and educate your team about the culture and customs of the location you’ll be visiting.
- Communication plan: Establish a communication plan for the trip so that everyone knows how to stay in touch and communicate with each other if needed.
By considering these 10 things, you can ensure that your team has a successful and safe out of state trip.